Welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. Mostly this is a record of my journey- through what exactly
I do not know yet, so for now we will just say: Life- and all that comes with it.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rained Out

Well my first 5k was supposed to be approximately 24 hours ago. I did not go. Despite some slight disappointment - I'm okay with what has occurred. I think it is becoming easier and easier for me to see God's hand in this ---> for instance me being sick for the past week, sleeping wrong on Tuesday and getting a crick in my neck that still hasn't gone away, and lastly (because I was still planning on going) hitting the Texas coast with a massive storm. God is great, and He has a plan for everything, and His plan is better than anything we can come up with for ourselves.


Photos of the Day:
One of my favorite things to do now is to stop and take pictures of things I see. 
Sometimes I almost feel them call out to me, whether it's a "Little Chapel in the Woods,"

A flag pole caught in the orange glow of a sunset,

the sun peaking through some carefully placed clouds, 

 flags hung on a crane,

or a flower in a field. 
 

Even better is following a little butterfly around until he lands long enough to snap this shot.
There are so many joys that photography brings to my life;
I'm so glad that God has given me such beautiful surroundings.


Quotes of the Day:
"Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you 
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

This verse makes me want to shout for joy! God will complete the work He has started, in you, in me, and in the world. What a marvelous truth to hold fast to. And I love what Spurgeon has to say about it:
"The work of grace has its root in the divine goodness of the Father, it is planted by the self denying goodness of the Son, and it is daily watered by the goodness of the Holy Spirit; it springs from good, and leads to good, and so is altogether good."

3 comments:

  1. Love your photos! What camera are you using??

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a canon powershot with a manual mode. Pretty good for a point and click. I'm looking into a better one soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics Charlotte!

    (: Caraline :)

    ReplyDelete